Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Great Scott!

I'M BACK!

I had this thought to create this blog while finishing my masters, wedding planning, and also renovating my kitchen while working full time AND while my fiance was starting to work on getting his CPA while also working full time.


YEAH.  It was too much. 

But, now I'm married with my masters in Special Education, the kitchen is nearly done (looking at you backsplash) and Chris had 2 measly tests left before he gets his CPA! Phew!


Anyway, now that I have a little time to breathe I plan on writing more regularly so that there are easy directions for some of the DIYs I did for the wedding.  That was seriously my pet peeve while planning.  I'd find all these cute idea on pinterest and then when you clicked the link there was never any directions on how the person made it! GRR!

So I hope to make your wedding planning a little easier, but giving you some directions to make your own wedding DIYs! :) We made everything from our save the dates to the actual invitations to the decor.  I even made my wedding shoes!

We really had an amazing day and you will too!  So if you're in the thick of the wedding planning just remember there is a light at the end of the tunnel and you're day will be so fun and memorable it'll all be worth it!




We had a blast!

BUT since we're getting close to one of my favorite holidays (honestly all holidays are my favorite), I thought I'd share some fun costume ideas I'm currently loving.  Staying true to myself, I tend to DIY my Halloween costumes! :)

Here are some I'm loving this year:

90s nostalgia AHHHH Real Monsters costume!!!
This terrifyingly adorable Aaahh!!! Real Monsters trio.
image source: mariea41d8bec4b  via buzzfeed



A classic Forest Gump & Jenny:
Forrest Gump and Jenny
Image Source: Instagram user madfrey5 via popsugar


A most hilarious Ron Burgundy & Veronica Cornerstone






32 DIY Ideas for Couples Halloween Costumes - Anchorman costume with Ron Burgundy Ms. Corningstone:
image source via pinterest


But I think Chris and I are going to something different this year.  Those of you who get the reference of this post's title will have a pretty good guess.  To hold you off here are of few of our couple costumes over the years:

 Tj & Spinelli from Recess

Popeye & Olive Oyl

Zach & Kelly from Saved by the Bell

These were all DIY no sew costumes! Some purchases were made from thrift stores, some I used paint and some were tape! Hope this gives you a little Halloween inspiration! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment