Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Feyonce

Chris and I started dating six years ago when we were seniors at college.  We moved in together, then 2 years later bought a house together!  We're currently in the process of slowly fixing it up and making it our own.  

---Fast Forward---

April 11, 2015 I got one of the best surprises of my life! Chris had already surprised me with a puppy, Dagney, the previous month (I know--he's amazing and I'm SO lucky! <3) and I'm obsessed with her and want to bring her everywhere.  


This included wanting to bring her on our "date" Chris planned to celebrate my last few days before my teacher spring break was over. Chris found the Witherspoon Grill where Dagney could be with us on the patio while we ate and drank (mmm mojitos!).  I popped in to use the bathroom before our next stop, a nearby park for a walk with the pup! While I was in the bathroom, my sneaky man switched the dog tag unbeknownst to me.

When walking in the park we came to a cute bench surrounded by trees when Chris brought to my attention that he thought Dagney’s dog tag was messed up.  Although I assured him that the tag was fine, he insisted I look at it.  When I bent down to check it I noticed the new writing on the back. “Will you marry my daddy?  Please say yes! He loves you so much!”  Truth be told, I only got through “will you marry” before the realization and tears hit.  As I turned around, Chris was down on one knee with the most beautiful ring shining in the sunlight proposing to me!  Overcome with happiness, instead of saying yes, I said “thank you!” quickly followed by a yes!  As we hugged and cried Chris’s brothers and girlfriend came running up from behind the bushes!  It turns out they got to the park early, scoped out a good spot, and laid a trail of branches so Chris would know where to go! They found their hiding spots and took pictures and videoed the entire proposal!  As we left the park to head back to our house to celebrate we realized that the park sat on a street called Lovers Lane.  We took pictures at both the street sign and a beautiful sign on a nearby house labeled 11 Lovers Lane (perfect since it was April 11th)!!

  

On our way back to our house to celebrate with Chris’s brothers, Chris seemed nervous and rushed.  I kept trying to reassure him that the surprise was over and I said yes so he didn’t need to be nervous.  Little did i know, our families and friends were back at the house ready to surprise me yet again and to help us celebrate! 




The best day of my life was full of surprises and involved all the people I love the most.  I am one lucky bride to be and so thankful to be marrying my best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment